Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sun drawn days



August is the quintessential summer month....




long on sun, endless hours either enjoying beach breaks or semi-toiling.



Never mind that a day at the beach is just that....
























This group ambitious to get to Knottsberry Farm....a lemonade stand is the
answer.


My answer was a cup of lemonade and a picture.

































In Pasadena at their Post Office, I shot pix before I was summarily stopped with "This is a Federal Building...you can NOT take pictures."






Well, I did to a point, never uttering a word.






















































Saw the movie, "500 Days of Summer" which someone mentioned was a 'love note to Los Angeles,' as they filmed many architectural splendors downtown.


































I am pretty sure that they filmed on Prospect Street in Pasadena, where 'Summer' had a vision.




















These groupings of trees in color and black and white are my ode to that great film.

No comments: