Sunday, April 26, 2009

All things beautiful - Huntington Gardens/Farmer's Market

The annual plant sale at the Huntington fell
on this weekend...While I would love to be more
of a gardener, I don't have anywhere to put a beautiful plant...so I circulate and enjoy what I see.















Funny that Julia Childs has a rose, but then again, I went to a major garden
in Vancouver BC - Butchart Gardens, and low and behold - Baraba Bush
has a rose too.








This would be the one I would get - Rosa Ebb Tide. It is so fragrant.
























While I might have gone into the garden, I opted to avoid the crowds and find an equally pleasurable local - The Sierra Madre
Farmers' Market.


























Lilacs are a perennial favorite...hard
to grow in a warmer climate..but
here they are.




































Ladies who sell them.



















My quarter didn't do it for Mr. Silverman







He suggested that a dollar would do.....
aahh, inflationary pressures.

No comments: